Who doesn’t love to Smoke a Brisket or a Turkey in an Electric Smoker? It can be an expensive piece of meat, but it surely provides you with the best kind of taste. In the present article on, Smoking a Brisket and Turkey in an Electric Smoker we will guide you through the method of How to Smoke a Brisket and Turkey in an Electric Smoker?
The Smoked Brisket or Turkey tastes awesome. Although a bit time consuming, you can sacrifice that much time in order to have the great taste. So Follow the below given steps and enjoy your piece of meat.
Smoking a Brisket and Turkey in an Electric Smoker – Smoking a Brisket
Are you planning to Smoke a Brisket in an Electric Smoker? This is how you can do that easily.
1. Selecting the Brisket
- In order to prepare the best kind of Brisket, you have to buy a good quality of meat. You have to buy a tender Brisket.
- To check the Brisket, First of all, take a Brisket and keep it in your hands. Now you have to check out the bending strength of the Brisket.
- More the Brisket bends, more are the connective tissues in it. Better the Brisket it becomes. So you have to choose the Brisket which bends the most.
- You also have to check the thickness layer of the piece of meat. Thicker the meat, more it will remain moist.
2. Preparation of Brisket
- Before Smoking the Brisket, rub the massage over the piece of meat at least few hours before you plan to smoke it. It will extract the best kind of flavors and juice for you.
- Rubbing it a night ago and keep it in the refrigerator can also get you the best kind of taste.
3. Smoking the Brisket
- Take out the Brisket from the refrigerator at least couple of hours before you are planning to smoke it. In this way, It will come down to normal temperature.
- Now, you have to fill your Wooden Chip Box. You can use commodities as per your taste such as Mesquite, Apple, Hickory as well as Cherry.
- In case if you don’t have wood, you can also use Charcoal Chip Box. Although, it is believed that the Wooden Chip Box gets you the best-flavored Brisket.
4. Preparing the Brisket in Smoker
- Preheat the Smoker at the desirable temperature as per the recommendations of the Manufacturer.
- Attach the temperature probe on the thickest part of the meat. Keep this arrangement on the rack in the Electric Smoker.
- Turn ON the Smoker and start heating it until it reaches the desirable temperature.
Smoking a Brisket and Turkey in an Electric Smoker – Smoking a Turkey
Are you planning to Smoke a Turkey in an Electric Smoker? This is how you can do that easily.
1. Choosing a Turkey
- To prepare the best kind of Turkey it is essential to buy the best kind of Turkey. Experts suggest buying a Turkey without any kind of added ingredients or flavors.
- You don’t even need to remove the bones, as the bones will keep the meat moist. Apart from that, if you wish to add any kind of flavor then you can do it with the help of Rub, Brine or Injector.
2. Preparing a Turkey
- First of all, you have to thaw your Turkey. It is not recommendable to smoke a cold Turkey. You also need to clean your Turkey before preparing it.
- Next, you have to brine the Turkey. For brining it, drop it in the water vessel with a little salt. It enhances the moisture retaining capacity of the Turkey.
- After this, you have to rinse the Turkey in chilled water completely. And then you have to take it out and allow it to dry completely for 12-24 Hours.
3. Preparing a Smoker
- Now, when you are about to prepare Turkey. First of all, rub it properly both from inside as well as outside. For inner portion use Dry Rub and for outer portion use the Wet Rub.
- Heat the Smoker to the desirable temperature as suggested by the manufacturer before keeping the Turkey in it.
- When the device has reached the appropriate temperature, attach a temperature probe to the Turkey and keep it in the Electric Smoker.
- Do add oil on the surface of the smoker so that it doesn’t stick to the surface of the electric smoker. Also, spray the oil or butter while the cooking process is ongoing so as to keep it moist.
- Heat the Turkey till the desirable temperature is reached.
We hope our article on, Smoking a Brisket and Turkey in an Electric Smoker will be helpful to you for preparing Brisket as well as Turkey in an Electric Smoker. Both the methods are extremely easy.
Now go and enjoy your food and share it with your loved ones! Do follow Smokerify for more updates!