BBQ without sauce? No Please! There are some quick recipes for making Best BBQ Sauce at home. Here we are going to check some of the simple, yet classic BBQ sauce recipes. All of them are easy to make at home. We will provide total 3 recipes in which you can make the sauce.
Classic Picks: Best BBQ Sauce Recipes
Many people have asked us whether BBQ sauce is compulsory or not. We gave one answer, and that is “Have BBQ sauce for once, and you won’t have this doubt again.” And at that moment we came to know that, not many people are aware of home BBQ sauce recipes. Here we have listed the Top three recipes which are simple and quick! Check all of them out below.
#1 Easy & Quick Recipe
You will be surprised to know that you can make BBQ sauce even with just 3 elements in it. If you have got ketchup, yellow mustard, and honey/brown sugar! You can make BBQ sauce with these three ingredients itself, can you believe that?
Let’s now check out the recipe for the same. The preparation time is given as 5 minutes, and you don’t have to cook during any of the procedure.
- Ketchup – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Yellow mustard – 1/4 cup
- Honey or Brown Sugar – 1/4 cup
- And finally salt, which is optional
For the process, just mix all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. After the mixing is done, you can add some garlic powder or the Worcestershire sauce for the final preparation. You are now all set!
#2 Award Winning Barbecue Chicken Recipe
Next, we have the Top Barbecue Sauce recipe, and it has won many cooking competitions for users. It is time-consuming than the previous method. This will provide you with thick barbecue sauce, and this consists molasses, brown sugar, spices, tomato juices. Here you can add the appropriate amount of spice according to your preference.
Just take the puree of all these elements, the Best BBQ Sauce is ready at home.
- Ketchup – 1 cup
- Molasses – 1 cup
- Worcestershire Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Brown Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Liquid Smoker Flavouring – 1 tablespoon
- Ground Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato Juice – 1 can
- Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
This method takes around 1 hour with the cooking, and 20 minutes with the preparation.
Take one blender or any processor, add all the items listed above and run the blend. Keep mixing till they form into a smooth paste, and then transfer it to a saucepan.
Now place the pan on the stove, and keep it on a medium flame. Wait till the mixture comes to boil. After the boiling begins, turn the flame from medium to low. Then simmer the sauce for 1 hour. And finally, the thickness of the sauce is variable for all. So you can choose it accordingly.
#3 Another Classic BBQ Sauce
Coming to the Classic BBQ Sauce, then you can’t beat the Kansas City styles barbecue in this. This sauce makes use of different sweet sources including the molasses, brown sugar, honey, onion, etc. The sauce gets sweet after it is cooked. Also, there are various sources used for tartness, and this includes lemon juice, vinegar, hot sauce, etc.
This sauce is pretty thick and tangy, so try not to apply a lot of them on the meat. Just one layer of it will do great for you.
The recipe we are going to check out here is of 6 cups quantity. The time taken for preparation is around 45 minutes. Now we will list out the ingredients required for the making, and on how to prepare the sauce.
- American Chilli Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Ground Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Kosher Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Hot Sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Ketchup – 2 cups
- Yellow mustard – 1/2 cup
- Cider Vinegar – 1/2 cup
- Worcestershire Sauce – 1/3 cup
- Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
- Steak Sauce- 1/4 cup
- Molasses – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 1/4 to 3/4 cup
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Medium Chopped Onion – 1
- Cloves of Garlic, Crushed or Minced – 4 medium sized
- Tamarind paste – 2 tablespoons (optional) (secret ingredient)
Now the steps for preparing the Classic Kansas City Barbecue goes like this:
- Take a small bowl. Add American Chilli Powder, Black Pepper, and salt.
- Now take one large bowl, add the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, steak sauce, molasses, hot sauce, honey, brown sugar. Do a simple mix now.
- Take a large saucepan on a medium flame. First, add onions, sauté till they become translucent. After this add the crushed garlic, and then cook for a minute. Now add all the dry spices, and stir for about 2 minutes. Now add the liquid ingredients here. Simmer the mixture for around 15 minutes, keeping the lid a bit closed. Wait till the sauce become thick.
That’s it! You can either drain the sauce if you don’t want to bite the onion or garlic in the sauce. Enjoy!
We are concluding the Best BBQ Sauce Recipes, and the ones listed out here are the forever classics. So, which of them are you familiar with? Let us know your opinions in the feedback space provided below. Show us some love and support on Smokerify.